UCLA Basketball: UCLA Bruins is the name of the sports teams of the University of California, Los Angeles. The Bruins, in the male and female category, participate in Division I of the NCAA. They participate as part of the Pacific-12 Conference and the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation (MPSF). The football team competes in the Football Bowl Subdivision of Division I of the NCAA.
About UCLA Basketball:
UCLA is the second university that has won the most NCAA championships, only behind Stanford University. In 2007, the women’s water polo team gave the University its 100th national title. UCLA offers 11 men’s sports programs and 14 women’s programs.
UCLA has excellent sports facilities. The American football team plays its games in the Rose Bowl since 1982. The basketball and gymnastics team does so in the Pauley Pavilion, a pavilion with a capacity for 12,829 spectators. It inaugurated in 1965. Football teams play since 2018 at Wallis Annenberg Stadium and the baseball team does it at Jackie Robinson Stadium.
Colors of the UCLA Basketball Team:
UCLA sports teams are blue and gold. During the first years of history of the University, their teams wore the same colors as the University of California at Berkeley which are the blue and the gold.
In 1949, the American football coach, Red Sanders, redesigned the uniforms and changed the blue to a lighter shade of blue.
Despite this, UCLA teams use different shades of blue in their kits. The second clothes use navy blue as the predominant color.
The UCLA team has several NCAA records:
– 11 titles of the NCAA
– 7 consecutive NCAA titles (1967-1973)
– 13 appearances in the NCAA final
– 17 appearances in the Final Four
– 10 Final Four in a row (1967-1976)
– 26 victories in Final Four
– 38 consecutive victories in NCAA tournament matches (1964-1974)
– 134 weeks as number 1 on the AP Top 25 list of the best university teams
– 221 consecutive weeks on the AP Top 25 list (1966-1980)
– 54 consecutive seasons with winning percentage higher than 50% (1949-2002)
– 88 consecutive games won in the regular phase (1971-1974)
If you want to get the best college basketball betting tips, do not miss to visit bettinexpert.com.